2x radiators with no more air to bleed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey All,

I have several radiators upstairs and downstairs.

I have 2x radiators upstairs that I can bleed, but they bleed air and then no more. No water comes out of these radiators and the heat does not rise to the top.

I have checked the thermostat and it is on MAX.

the two radiators are at different parts of the house. I do not believe they are both at the end of the system due to their situation ( i know this is a loose guess :) )
I have checked the pins incase they are damaged.

They are not.

The other radiators are nice and hot.. However I did have to bleed 3 others in order to get the heat up on those particular radiators.

I am not a plumber or wannabe plumber, so all questions or suggestions are welcome .. Please dont feel you are telling me to suck eggs :) I am simply a diy\\\'er.

Thanks in advance everyone.

:)

R

Sponsored Links
What sort of system do u have .Is it a combi?(do u have a cylinder) Do u have to top up the system after bleeding via a flexi hose etc,Do u hav a bolier with a pressure gauge on it.What sort of boiler is it. Did u vent the rads with the heating turned off,

Hi mate

Had a similar problem...

Check that you have water in your water tank in the loft - mine was blocked by cr@p. Banged the pipes and all is working now !

I agree with bab.

I think there is insufficient water in your system to fill those last two rads.

The problem, and hence the solution, will depend on how water gets into your system.

If it is fairly old it will probably have a Feed and Expansion cistern (a "header tank") in the loft. If it is fairly new it will probably have a pressure gauge on the boiler to show water pressure, and a filling loop (pipe) to top it up from the mains manually.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back