3 Rads in Extension not heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

(Dont worry..I have searched the forum and couldnt find anything related).

All rads (3) in the extension have stopped working and I'm not sure where to start looking. All rads upstairs are fine (boiler also upstairs), downstairs rads in living room and kitchen fine, just the ones in the extension....really wierd.

Also, I have a shower room in the extension....hot water flows fine but the Rad in there, will not work either. I have bled them...is there anything else I need to be looking at.

Any advice appreceiated.

W

Sponsored Links
ball.jpg

Only being a new engineer to the game, the first question I would ask is: Did you have an original boiler installed to satisfy the needs of your original property?.. Have you added more radiators to your existing system, & not bothered your ar*se to check wether your old boiler can cope with the extra demand??
Probably need a bigger boiler...

Trainee

Fair comment and I should have added some more info....

Old boiler was about 15yrs old (60,000 BTU boiler) and ALL Rads worked fine.
New Boiler is a Worcester Bosch 35CDi....been told more than enough to work ALL Rads.

NO MORE Rads added to the exisiting system - just a more powerful boilers (although a Combi and previous was gravity fed).

Sponsored Links
the first question should be did it work before or sometime in the past

If everything worked before the new installation, balancing may be a problem, not a huge difference, I would suspect..I`m waiting for Kevplumb`s diagnosis..

Thanks for all the response....

Will try the balancing act this week....on the link, it states, "you may have an airlock in the pipe work"....how do I go about checking that ?

worked wondefurlly 20 rads on a 50'000 btu boiler and the hot water

was brill
just cos i changed the bog seat what has gone wrong

(confused of artlepool) pronounced not spelt :LOL:

WKayani said:
Worked fine before installation.

not a balancing problem then.

try for air by turning all the other rads off and opening the extension rads one at a time

what size pipes have you connected the new rads with

just read it again, worked ok before installation :confused: :confused:

did the new rads ever work

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back