3-way switching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone provide a circuit diagram for 3-way switching. All of the above refers to 2-way switching only.

Sponsored Links
Sorry I can't supply a schematic drawing, breezer will though (good fella!) but if I remember rightly the third (or midway) switch is different from a two way switch (wiring wise).

scoby_beasley is right, the third switch (which must be in the middle) is called an "intermadiate switch" if you want four or more the additional switches are also the intermeadiate switches.

I will post a link to another website which has drawings, you will want the one that says (at the bottom of the picture) 3 way above. being as this and that are U.K based websites the colours will be different

the drawing is here

That was useful, but the link site only had a circuit diagram for 2-way (it had pictures of UK switches for 3-way of course), so I've asked the DIY Dr to put up a 3-way circuit diagram. If anybody else has one already, pls put it on this site.
Thanks...trotro (Oz, ex-Pom!)

Sponsored Links
good point, all the intermeadiate switch does (using the same drawing) is it sits between the two switches and either leaves the yellow and blue as they are, or crosses the two over (depending if you press the switch or not)

please do not reply to posts that were started 3 years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back