4 Core Mains Flex - Harmonised Colours

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have some 6amp 4 core mains flex with core colours black, brown, grey and green\yellow which I am using to provide 2 switched lives. Could anyone let me know the correct colour to use for the neutral.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
use any colours you like, just make sure you mark each end with either brown or blue tape/sleeving. i normally use brown and grey as lives, black as neutral

the f*cktards at the niceic suggest using grey as neutral (thier reasoning is to try and break the black=neutral association in peoples minds) others think this reasoning is crazy and if using a cable with a black core and no blue then black is the most sensible neutral color

whichever you do make sure you mark the ends so people know what you have done

btw are you sure its flex you are talking about? i thought 4 core flex was brown black bllue green/yellow.

Sponsored Links
btw are you sure it is flex you are talking about? i thought i thought four core flex was brown bllue black green/yellow.

I think the I might have seen in a wiring regulations colour harmonisation ammendment that the colours of four core flex have slightly changed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back