a long shot... pool boiler manual

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
this is a real shot in the dark here... i have a repair on a purex / tropic isle pool boiler and some fool has walked away with half the bits and manual ..
so need a manual for the boiler so i can hopefully re instate the boiler for the summer .. hehe summer thats a laugh ..

any way thanks in advance..

Sponsored Links
i dont know yet .. there is loads wrong with it ..
he has had an engineer out to it and he has removed the pilot assembly also left it in bits .. so really need to re build it before i can fix it .. the custome seems to think the burners are blocked as the flames are coming out of the rear of the burner and not the burner.
it is need of air relief / correct fluing etc.
it is a real mess to be honest and he seems to think it has worked for years so will be ok to just to fix it ..

so just a visual up to now, just want to get it together then go through the process of correct gas pressure then go from there.. it is need of a little tlc .
it is open flued and has been built into a sealed brick box (no air relief)with the flue terminating through a wood roof, it is a disaster waiting to happen .

Sponsored Links
pd45247.jpg

lalalala

i'm not listening

lalalalalalal

:LOL: :LOL: cover your CORGI badge when you type things like that - they might be watching ;) :evil: :evil:

it is need of a little tlc .
it is open flued and has been built into a sealed brick box (no air relief)with the flue terminating through a wood roof,

hehe this is a list of all the stuff that need addressing ..

the boiler is capped off and warning notice raised.. it will not be re instated till all the faults are put right and safe to do so .

i was just replying to the question whats wrong with it .. :)

the answer is everything. !!!!!

Well it looks simple enough, btu I can't find anything in the usual places.

Sounds like a job not worth attempting - no place for a nive new room sealed appliance?

yes i am thinking the same might give it a wide bearth, he keeps saying he has no money lol... typical guy who has a big house and a new car but cant afford to maintain it ..

Blimey these things are so crude even Dan could repair one :evil:

It has a Multifunctional gas valve ITT B69R8G63.
A variable Thermostat in the return pipe.
An overheat thermostat in the feed pipe.
An water flow pressure switch.
And an on-off switch.

AND THATS IT :LOL:

Technical stuff.

Rated input 35.2
Rated output 25.7
Draught divertor and flue is 6"
6" clearance all around the boiler which is fitted on a fire proof (concrete) base.

Combustion Ventilation 120 sq inches
Ventilation 120 sq inches

Injector size 3.45 (0.136")

Head of water 150 psi

Water velocity 336.7 (66.6 gallons)

A positive check valve should be fitted between the filter and the heater.

An pressure relief valve is advised/required.

Thermocouple should generate 540-750 millivolts.

I think that this is a directly heated boiler which heats the pool water itself.

If thats the case then you definately need a pool ACS which I suspect that you dont have!!! Touching it will be working out of scope!

If its heating the pool by a secondary circuit then its difficult to know why you should need the pool ACS but CORGI will probably say you do!

Tony

Agile said:
I think that this is a directly heated boiler which heats the pool water itself.

If thats the case then you definately need a pool ACS which I suspect that you dont have!!! Touching it will be working out of scope!

If its heating the pool by a secondary circuit then its difficult to know why you should need the pool ACS but CORGI will probably say you do!

Tony

It has an Low thermal capacity finned copper tube heat exchanger if it helps Tony.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back