AAA washing machine?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
had a servis washer/dryer for 12 yrs and never had any problems with it.replaced it last year with a hoover triple A washing machine which spins @ 1600/uses less water/quiter/uses less electricity but is not anywhere as good as the old machine it replaced?it does'nt even use enough water to dissolve the washing tablets that are placed directly in the drum or the liquitabs either?is this a common problem with triple A washers?i just want a machine that washes clothes clean as my waters not metered so i don't mind haw much electricity it uses.(how can it spin @ 1600 rpm but not use much electric :confused: )
any idea people.

Sponsored Links
At a rough guess I reckon this is a good bit of advertising "spin" if you'll pardon the expression.

Motors don't use a lot of power and when you think of how long it spins at 1600rpm for it ain't going to make much difference to your bill.

I think the "nail on the head" bit concerns the amount of water the machine uses. If it doesn't use very much water, it won't use much electricity to heat it (the power hungry bit). So to make a machine super efficient, use less water hence lower water bill and electricity bill. Or am I just being cynical?

If you're following the manufacturer's recommendations and still not getting a good wash I'd have a word with them.

Had similar probs with a new washer dryer I bought last year, spoke to manufacture, they were not that helpful. Still have the odd wash that does not disolve tablet. (I was many many years in domestic appliance development, so I do appreciate the amount of testing that goes on & in the lab it will work as designed)

Mine is A wash efficiency, B drying efficiency and A energy efficiency if I recall. No problems with undissolved detergents, the whole point of A wash efficiency is virtually all of it is washed out of the material.

Better balance systems for drums allow less energy to be used by the motor as well. The reason we have faster spins is probably just due to better balance/damping systems, and sensors that stop it if it sense the load is imbalanced. With a totally unintelligent system spinning at 1600rpm, it would probably bu**er itself if you chucked a large towel in there that got pushed to one side, laden with water.

The easiest way to save energy when washing is to dry naturally. I know dryers aren't used that much in the UK (compared to the US), especially in summer, but it takes more energy to dry a load than to wash it.

Do washing machines have lower electricity consumption because they are hot fill now? :confused:

Sponsored Links
who says there are hot fill? they fill with both (usually) as cold is used for rinse

Whilst w/m make be plumbed to take hot water, they take in so little volume in all probability its only drawn the cold that was remaining in the pipe.

the reason that they will not make your whites whiter than white is because if they are "A" rated for water then they basically don't use enough water to dissolve tabs or washing powder in those little plastic cases?just want a washer that uses loads of electric/water and washes the clothes clean.as it cost over £400 it should do that :mad:

Just been boning up on washing machine prices etc Mielie of the stainless outer drum and cast iron yoke or frame .. looks so uncluttered without concrete blocks inside and the detachable sides rear and top sounds interesting ... if WM's ever could be !!

Have been noticing that in fact many (John lewis, him say 'most') machines are now 'cold fill only' I guess if one does hot washes then this can seem not so good ... but I take the point on small quantities of water ... therefore probably only pulling the tepid water from hot tap / pipe anyway saw figures of 0.85 KWh power consumption per standard wash .. negligable really....
Bi-fillers do not use the hot for 40°C and below do they ? and when they do so, then there must be a good chance, with over 60° hot water on instant tap, that a wash could be too hot at the start ?

P

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back