Accessing Barclays internet banking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone had recent problems accessing the Barclays web site over the last few months. I can't even get to the page to log in my details, as it just hangs. All other web access is fine. I think it is something to do with my browser settings that is quite specific to Barclays.

Barclays are not helpful at dealing with this and refer me to my ISP. Grrrr

Any helpful ideas?

Sponsored Links
I'll see if I can sort it out for you, what's your user name & password???

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Over the past few weeks I have noticed that sometimes it is slow and hangs. I usualy look at it early morning or late night.

Check that you are accepting cookies from them (look at the "privacy report" if there is a little no-entry icon at the bottom of the screen).

Put them in your "Trusted Sites" using "tools-Internet options-Security"

the website you start at should be
https://ibank.barclays.co.uk/olb/x/Welcome.do

you do not have to accept cookies from webtrendslive.com or from siteaccestrends.co.uk

you DO have to accept cookies from barclays.co.uk

JohnD said:
Over the past few weeks I have noticed that sometimes it is slow and hangs. I usualy look at it early morning or late night.

Check that you are accepting cookies from them (look at the "privacy report" if there is a little no-entry icon at the bottom of the screen)...

...you DO have to accept cookies from barclays.co.uk

Don't think this is correct, John. I have accessed Barclays on-line bank accounts recently with cookies otion blocked. I should point out that these accounts are business not personal, perhaps the requirements are different. ;)

perhaps you're right. I was thinking that blocked cookies are one of the things that can prevent a site loading properly.

But I just looked in my Cookies directory and found one there from last time I accessed Barclays. It's from barclays.co.uk

this post may help

I am alos thinking try clearing all your internet temp files

Tools>internet options (delete files)

i am now thinking that is waht cured my problem (but i have no idea why)

breezer said:
this post may help

I am alos thinking try clearing all your internet temp files

Tools>internet options (delete files)

i am now thinking that is waht cured my problem (but i have no idea why)

Adding to this, check your firewall is allowing it to run....

Sponsored Links
Back