ACL/Drayton mid position valve query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to replace the actuator on an old ACL Lifestyle mid position valve (model 679H340-3OLO) but it seems that this valve has been replaced with a newer Drayton model with a removable actuator.

Does anyone know whether or not the newer actuators will fit the older valves, or would I have to replace the whole valve assembly?

Sponsored Links
the new ones will not fit the old.

only a few of the parts from the new valve will fit the old one so if its anything other than the microswitch or motor then its a new valve.

Thanks, I suspected that might be the case.

The motor and microswitches are fine in the old one - a small piece of plastic has broken off from the inards somewhere and I think that this is preventing the switches from operating correctly.

Looks like I buy a new one and hope that the bit I need is the same, otherwise it will be a full drain down & replacement.

Sponsored Links
if the spring post is broken its needs a new backplate which cant be swapped from the new head. or the plastic part on top of the motor gear is broken...it also is not interchangeable.

i have in the past at customer request made a new spring post up from two nuts and a bolt and it works very well but it can be a pain to get it right unless you have done it a few times...........if you dont want to mess around too much inside the valve you need a new one im afraid.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back