Adding Sockets to Ring Main

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a bedroom with one double socket and would like to add 2 additional double sockets in the ring. I belive it's not the amount of sockets on the ring thats important but the floor area covered.
The total area covered is 65 square meters. Is it just the rooms with sockets that are used to determine the area? The cable also run down the landing, should this be included.

Sponsored Links
ikbrunell said:
I have a bedroom with one double socket and would like to add 2 additional double sockets in the ring. I belive it's not the amount of sockets on the ring thats important but the floor area covered.
The total area covered is 65 square meters. Is it just the rooms with sockets that are used to determine the area? The cable also run down the landing, should this be included.

You are right it is based upon the area but this is the total area served by the ring, i.e. the first floor or the entire house for installations with just one ring.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back