Adjusting height on composite door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all,
Trying to adjust the height on a composite door - but confused by the hinge types .. what are these called ? How does one adjust ? The pin that you can see protruding is round.

I've tried see if the white bits are covers, and will remove, but to no avail - but I could just be not giving it enough ..

Suggestions ? If anyone can tell me what this type of hinge is called I can try and google :)

Attachments

• 20210628_081301.jpeg
    20210628_081301.jpeg
    62.1 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thats a Butt Hinge , and I don't think that type are adjustable, would need more pictures of the hinge , with door open and from differnet angles . Also not convinced from your picture that it is a composite door , looks more like a UPVC door . Composite doors should sit flush in the frame , none of the opening sash protruding over the outerframe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ahh.. every day is a school day.. I had thought all UPVC doors were composite.. I'll stick with the IT.

Looking at most butt hinges they either have an Allen key recess or they are hex for a socket.. but mine are round.. and not rounded off either.. so maybe your right in that they are not adjustable?

However there are 4 hinges and each has the central pin differing lengths protruding from the hinge itself.

I'll get some more pics.. thanks for taking the time to reply @ronniecabers

Sponsored Links