Advice on 'Clicking Noise' from one radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, one of my radiators requires bleeding approx. once per 3 weeks. I removed it recently and flushed it out, so I am pretty sure that it doesn't have any build up of sludge and the problem doesn't lie here.

I notice that it often makes a 'clicking' sound around the same time as it needs bleeding. I am not sure if this might just be it heating up'/cooling down.

There is a new thermostatic valve, but the other valve is at least 10 years old. I don't notice any water coming from this valve, but wondered if it could still be the cause of the problem (i.e. letting air in slowly)?

Sponsored Links
Clicking sound will be air bubbles entering radiator. The source of the air is unlikely to be the radiator itself. Air is probably sucked in on the upstream side of the pump and/or where static pressure is low (higher parts of system).

chrishutt said:
Clicking sound will be air bubbles entering radiator. The source of the air is unlikely to be the radiator itself. Air is probably sucked in on the upstream side of the pump and/or where static pressure is low (higher parts of system).

Thanks Chris. Will check it out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back