Advice on secondary glazing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wish to install secondary glazing in Aluminium as I do not wish to spoil the look of my place with UPVC windows or double glazing. I also do not wish to incur the cost of double glazing and wait until my retirement to recover the cost.

Can anybody recommend a good supplier of the windows who will be helpful in terms of DIY installation and who has good products?

I have talked to a number of suppliers and I am not getting good results:
- Some suppliers will not deal with DIY people with the excuse that they have had complaints about the windows when it was the DIYer's faulty installation. of course the real money is in charging for the installation.
- Others have not even bothered to reply to enquiries online. Why bother to put the enquiry forms on their website site when they will put the enquiries in the recycling bin?)
- Others are just the same company trading under a different name in your area.
- You always end up with Anglia calling you.

Added to this, any warnings about cowboy suppliers or problems with secondary glazing will be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Try any decent glass merchant. These are the sort of outfits that supply glass (not just windows). They will also be able to supply you with runners, and any other parts required and advice gallore. they'll also be happy for the business. It's then quite a simple DIY job.

You could look one up in your local area with a search on www.yell.co.uk (search for "glass merchant")

Don't bother with Double Glazing companies, they've obviously got their own agenda.

TexMex said:
Try any decent glass merchant. These are the sort of outfits that supply glass (not just windows). They will also be able to supply you with runners, and any other parts required and advice gallore. they'll also be happy for the business. It's then quite a simple DIY job.

You could look one up in your local area with a search on www.yell.co.uk (search for "glass merchant")

Don't bother with Double Glazing companies, they've obviously got their own agenda.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back