Advice please: Im nervous about hanging TV from wall.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could anyone please give me some advice on the safest way to fix a wall mounted TV stand to the wall, although an external wall it seems quite hollow. The TV is a portable but is still quite heavy. Im papping myself.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
it sounds like the internal skin of your wall is timber framed and only the outer skin is brick/block.

you need to find the timber studs and fix to one of those, unfortunately finding them may involve making a bit of a mess of the wall surface.

you could purchase a cable & stud finder.

If i was hanging a TV worth several hundred if not a thousand pounds then i would nip along to one of the big sheds and get one.

Yorkie13 said:
Could anyone please give me some advice on the safest way to fix a wall mounted TV stand to the wall
Just fitted one yesterday for my son bedroom on the external wall, I have very soft old lime mortar brickwork, so I've used 4 threaded rod bolts right through the wall to be safe!

Sponsored Links
Did you put one of those S shaped things on outside...like you see on old factories ;)

I personally threw away the comedy ones supplied with the bracket and used 2 m10 rawbolts :D But then I over engineer everything, drives the wife mad, everything takes twice as long!

ample said:
I personally threw away the comedy ones supplied with the bracket and used 2 m10 rawbolts :D But then I over engineer everything, drives the wife mad, everything takes twice as long!
you'd think she'd be pleased about that :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back