Advise needed.. removing en-suite in bungalow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi just need some advise on removing a en-suite in order to make the bedroom bigger.

I'm ok with removing the shower/sink and partition walls, my main problem is removing the toilet, what should be done with the toilet waste pipe. Should it be removed completely ? or is there an alternative method ?

I would like to remove the pipe completely. I think the waste pipe from the toilet goes under the patio and connects to a vertical waste pipe outside of the house. However there is also a drain near by which it might go to directly

How hard would it be, to remove the toilet waste pipe ?

if the task is too hard would i need a plumber or builder to do the job, as i guess the work would involve digging part of the patio up and also around the vertical waste pipe/drain to disconnect the pipe.

Any help would be much appreciated

Kin

Sponsored Links
You can 'cut & cap it' the toilet pipe wher'ever you like.Don't make it hard work for yourselves if you can cap it earlier,but you must leave the vertical soil vent alone as you need it to prevent gas build-up in drain inspection area but I personally would remove all bath/shower/sink waste pipe to prevent smell.

Thanks masona for the quick reply and advise.
i'm in the process of removing all waste pipes from the room and capping the water feeds for the shower/sink in the loft.

Sponsored Links
Thanks masona for the quick reply and advise.
i'm in the process of removing all waste pipes from the room and capping the water feeds for the shower/sink in the loft.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back