Air Compressor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently purchased a new air compressor via eBay from germany.

Its a 2HP 24 Litre compressor.

the only thing is, it didn't come with operating instructions - just maintenance instructions.

I turned it on for the first time tonight to test it - and I have the following quesitons:

1. It says on the bottle of oil I received with it that I should put oil in before starting the motor. There is a small window on the compressor with a red dot in the middle of it. I poured oil in until the window was half full. Should I have filled the window completely?

2. There is a smallred on-off button (push to make, pull to break jobby) and 2 guages. When I turned it on, both guages started increasing towards the red-line section so I turned it off. Should it turn itself off when it is 'full'?

3. Can they be used when they are on, or do I have to turn them on, fill the cylinder and then use the air tool?

4. The smaller of the two gauges, nearest the outlet - has a red 'turning' thing that has a + and - on it above the small guage - anyone know what this might be for?

thanks for any help...
Matt

Sponsored Links
no idea what so ever about yours.

in general a compressor will start and fill the "tank" upto a preset air pressure limit, when this limit is reached it will stop.
As the compressed air is use the pressure in the tank drops (obviously) but when it gets to a preset level it starts again. this is roughly how a commpressor works

so long as it did not say

dieser Kompressor wird gebrochen und überhaupt nicht verwendet zu werden

not sure about the oil but based on mine this is what the following do

the red knob is a dial up for the pressure. when you first start it the pressure gauge on the bottle will increase. As you turn the knob up the other gauge should rise as this sets the pressure that will flow throuh the airline. It should automatically shut off once it reaches its set max working pressure (otherwise it will keep going till it goes bang!). it should also automatically top up the tank when it gets low (it will make you jump when it cuts in!)

hope that makes sense :D

thanks for the responses.

I'm assuming that the red area on the guage means 'don't let it get this high'??? :D

I think I need a better air-line though, as there was some air leaking around the screw - and there doesn't seem to be any kind of seal on either the compressor or the line...

Sponsored Links
There should be a safety release valve on it somewhere so that it will vent before it explodes. If it reaches the point where it starts venting, you have the pressure set too high.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back