Airlocks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been trying to remove a perceived airlock in the hot water system by connecting hot to the cold mains, however the mains pressure is not all that strong,(ie the water does not come out of the vent pipe in the CWSC). Is there any other way I can artificially boost the pressure to help clear the air lock??

Sponsored Links
What are the exact symptoms of the problem you want help in solving?

and where are you getting the mains from?

bet it aint the mains bet its the gravity cold as mains (even a weak one) will blow over the hot water vent?

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys, I think it was just a dodgy spark blaming an airlock for his lousy rewiring work. I got the Baxi-Potterton guy to call after the bank holiday and he confirmed that no way was my central heating gonna work with a bodged wiring job. I am thankful that I cancelled the £200 cheque, cause they got lippy on the phone, and said things were ok when they were there, and another fault developed after they left.

I was like "Pull the other one mate" and while you are at it, f--- off.

teebo said:
Thanks guys, I think it was just a dodgy spark blaming an airlock for his lousy rewiring work.
What in the name of that's holy are you talking about?

I got the Baxi-Potterton guy to call after the bank holiday and he confirmed that no way was my central heating gonna work with a bodged wiring job.
Yes, 'cos those B-P guys are at the pinnacle of their profession of course. :rolleyes:

I am thankful that I cancelled the £200 cheque, cause they got lippy on the phone, and said things were ok when they were there, and another fault developed after they left.
You've posted nothing objective that indicates that they were wrong to say that. If you think people are going to join you in dissing another tradesman without having the first clue yourself about what's gone wrong, then you've come to the wrong forum.

I was like "Pull the other one mate" and while you are at it, f---off.
No you weren't - you were like "Is there any other way I can artificially boost the pressure to help clear the air lock?".

Why don't you f--- off?

I must agree with soft???

WTF are you talking about. how the hell does NO water running from your hot taps have anything to do with WIRING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sheesh

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back