Alarm goes off when electric supply disconnected

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have an A1 Omnicrom 7000 alarm which was already fitted when we bought the house. It is fairly antiquated and we have never really used it. We have turned off the electric supply in the past without any problem but today when we tried to do so the alarm sounded and could not be silenced until the supply was reconnected.

Does anyone have any idea why it has done this?

Sponsored Links
The main control panel has a standby battery in it to supply power when the mains fails. Sound like your battery has had it. You should be able to purchase a new one from maplins or the like. Ensure you get the same size as the one you remove.
One other thing to check is that the Battery fuse hasn't blown this could also be the cause. Should be on the main pcb if you open the cover of the control panel.

For the record most battery's should be replaced every 5 years

Sponsored Links
Hi Anyankha
I have the same alarm and sounds like the same problem. I did buy a new battery and the problem is still there.
When you say 'the alarm could not be silenced' do you mean the outside bellbox?

Here's the problem I'm still having.
Occasionally I will go to set/unset the alarm and the whole thing will freeze with all lights on and the only way to re-activate it is to pull the fuse on the cu. I'm beginning to think its the bellbox somehow losing comms with the control panel.
I don't know if its a trade secret but could someone explain how the bellbox and control panel communicate, as I can't find any wiring going to the bellbox and it is not a wireless alarm due to its age....!!!

Cheers for any replies

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back