All in One Printers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

I am looking to acquire an All in One printer for home use and was wondering if anyone out there has any recommendations.

I do basic home printing, letters, kids homework, that sort of thing, and minimal photocopying and scanning. I would ideally like one that can handle photos well.

Any suggestions welcome

Thanks

Sponsored Links
my opinion is they are a cure for which there is no cause.
If one part goes wrong you will loose all of it.

copier toner is cheaper than ink, seeing as to "photo copy" something it scans it then prints it, using all that expensive ink

not for me thanks

Been using an HP PSC 750 for many years without any problems, it seems a tough workhorse that does everything asked of it, unfortunately its now so old it's not sold anymore AFAIK,i'm sure the latest HP models will be as good, when this one finally gives up the ghost i'd definitely buy another HP.

breezer said:
my opinion is they are a cure for which there is no cause.
Hm. Most people seem to value the compactness of these products, since they eliminate the need for a scanner, and a fax machine, and don't take up significantly more space than an inkjet printer.

I've also seen good example of the HP products, although with some of them the scan-from-yer-PC-over-the-network feature (when used) is rather unreliable.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies guys. My dad has an HP and he seems happy (ish) with it, just wondered if there was anything else worth considering.

Looks like HP it is though !!

:LOL:

I got a Dell 922 bundled with my new PC, it's re-badged Lexmark and it's been absolutely fine.

They're a good idea, shame they all seem to be inkjet which is incredibly expensive to run. I picked up a Canon Pixma recently (with inks) for less than the cost of a set of replacement inks.

I mostly use a LED "laser" printer which is very economical and gives top quality B&W text.

No good for photos though :(

I was in Tesco Yesterday and they had a cracking deal for a Lexmark PhotoPrinter/Scanner/Photocopier/Fax all in one for £60.
At that sort of price, if it goes wrong, sling it.
It is InkJet, but using Compatible Cartridges from Choice Stationary and the price per cartridge plummets. For instance I use Epson Printers and and Epson colour cartridges for my printer are around £24, From www.choicestationary.com the price plummets to £4. This makes InkJet a reasonable running cost. I have had a lot of their ink cartridges and have had no problems at all and their staff are very helpful. Highly Recommended

Just looked at the Choice Stationary Web Site and it looks like they do not do Lexmark Compatible Ink Cartridges and the Lexmark Originals are around £18. This alone may make the Lexmark Printer at Tesco a bad buy!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry if my previous mail was not a good idea. But the advice of buying a printer were compatible cartridges are available still stands.

I am a firm believer and user of HP products. Buy the best/most expensive you can afford! In 6 months it will be out of date anyway :cry:

Sponsored Links
Back