Angle Divisor/tbevel/

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help! I am ready to destroy all tools!

I have an angle divisor to measure angles to make mitre cuts. However, I do use the angle divisor to measure the angle but everytime I take half of it to make a right and left mitre cut on my 10" compound mitre saw the pieces are not flush. I do put the moulding in correctly! What am I doing wrong? I was told that there is a way to use the angle divisor, the complementary angle to set my mitre blade correctly for the left and right mitre cut? Help! I tried but continually ruin moulding.

I was also told to use a tbevel to determine the angle and somehow set the 10" compound power mitre saw and then see the angle and take half. Still my cuts on the power mitre do not work.

I hope someone has mastered these techniques and can help me.

Sponsored Links
I know you have said you put the moulding in correctly so please don't think I am patronising you here! I am also assuming this is moulding for the edge of a floor.

Best thing to do is try doing it as simply as possible and see if that works. So, set the blade to be completely vertical. Now, say you are cutting a 90 degree corner turn the unit round to 45 degrees but keep the blade vertical. Place the moulding in the saw. It is important to make sure that the side that will rest flat on the floor is flat on the bottom of the mitre block (i.e. the metal base of the saw). Clamp it in place. Now try cutting it. If this doesn't work then there must be something caca with the saw.

Don't lay the moulding "flat" in the saw, i.e. on it's back. It seems more natural to lay it this way but it won't cut flush!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back