angle grinder blade

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys I got a job to do with an angle grinder (I've got to widen a window to take a bigger frame) I've only got metal cutting disks and was going to go get some for concrete but was told that metal ones are ok to use? not sure how much my friend knows so what do you reakon??

Sponsored Links
It's the other way round :!:
The metal cutting disks will not get through stone or concrete but the stone cutting disks can cut some metal but wear out very quickly.

Having said that it's best to buy the correct blade for the job as they are not expensive.

Also make sure the lintel is wide enough for the bigger window.

thanks masona, no lintel, it an upstairs window on the gable end and I guess the builders must have put the window frame in and just built on top of it!!!.

The metal diamond blades will cut through stone/brick no problem.

Sponsored Links
Richardp said:
no lintel, it an upstairs window on the gable end and I guess the builders must have put the window frame in and just built on top of it!!!.
I can't see the window but won't the brickwork on top of the window falls down when the window frame is taken out? Unless you're removing the brickwork above the window first maybe? Solid or cavity wall? Might be idea to put a lintel in though. You may have a lintel but cannot see it maybe?

I've just asked the owner and the window used to be shorter a new taller window was put in but the lintel was'nt replaced, the wall cant fall down unless there,s an earthquake as the blocks are cemented in place, but I could put one in I guess.

its a single block wall

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back