Angle grinder stand.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My husband was looking for a chopsaw. From what I can see they dont come cheap. I know he wants to use it to cut angles in wood.....I was surfing the web and found what is called an Angle grinder stand really cheap and it says you can use it as a chopsaw....but can you get blades for angle grinders to cut wood? If it can I wanted to get it as a surprise......and that is why I havent asked the question to him, as I am sure he knows the answer.

Sponsored Links
The stand you saw is to covert a angle grinder into a chop off saw, is for metal with the right disc of course and with the other type discs for bricks etc. I don't think you can cut angles with that type of setup.

Using either type of disc to cut wood is not a good idea, they are not made for that and would imagine they will clog up and/or burn the wood.

How much are you willingly to pay ?

What does your husband want to cut angle for ? The reason I asked as they maybe others tools suitable.

Looks like I will be going to B&Q to get a chopsaw then. :D .
I saw the angle grinder stand on ebay and seeing as I know he has an angle grinder thought that he could use it as it was cheaper. Nevermind. Thanx Guys.

Sponsored Links
It's probably a bit late now, but have you checked out Toolstation.com? They have a chopsaw, complete, for under £30.

Looks quite neat, and I know from previous purchases from them, the quality of their tools is A1.

Do you know the code of the chopsaw.....as I can't find it.

:LOL: Hey Dragonrider & Fitter....your stars. Thx very much.

TheWife said:
:LOL: Hey Dragonrider & Fitter....your stars. Thx very much.

Oops, sorry for not giving a bit more info, I was looking though the catalogue at work, but posted at home!

You're welcome :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back