Angle grinder wood cutting disks?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are there any 115mm angle grinder disks that cut wood? There are a lot of timbers built into the property wall that need some notches cut through for various reasons and getting a hand saw in is difficult and energy sapping. Also all the old window frames to cut through and health probs mean I have to use power tools where I can.

Sponsored Links
Jeez. That's a wicked looking thing. Could be useful, though I dread to think what would happen if it 'grabs' at all during use.

Thanks but I have similar thoughts to Handyman, anything less aggressive? :eek:

Sponsored Links
there are quite a few different types similar to the evil looking one above - however I have known a few people used to freeform chainsaw work that wont use them. and my supplier has stopped selling them due to too many injuries.

one solution could be an aligator saw - if what you want to do is cut through brick/block and wood - it might be worth hiring one for a day with tct blade to see if it suits you. they are a bit like electric carving knives with two independant sliding sets of teeth. i have used one for cutting through limestone and wood at the same time

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back