Another cooker chimney question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
New Cooker chimney hood going in and the old socket (three pin type) that was put in by the builders for the original integrated hood will now end up inside the new chimney that I am installing. Is this safe or does it need removing?
If it is safe can I make life easier and put a normal plug on the new chimneys wiring and plug it in with the releveant fuse? Or swap the socket for a fused spur socket?

Hope this makes sense

Cheers

Sponsored Links
If the manufacturers data indicates a plug is acceptable, then fine, and if it is supplied with a moulded plug removing it can affect warranties. Generally, though, a fused spur is OK. However, there really must be an isolating switch accessble outside of the confines of the chimney, regardless of how it is connected.

Cheers. An isolating switch will be easy to put in and I thought it might be best. The existing socket is the 3pin sort but the hood doesn't have a plug on it. Just thought it may be easier to add a plug to the hood than change the socket to a fused spur.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back