Any cheap and/or easy way to deal with the inside blown out parts next to the window?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apologies I have no idea what to even call this part of the.. thing.. After the outside was rendered this appeared.
I will likely have to just ignore it, low on time and money now , but still hoping to rent.
IMG_20220817_152809.jpg
IMG_20220817_152809.jpg

Sponsored Links
Get some polymer grab mastic.
Masking on wall and plastic to keep clean..
Apply some polymer grab behind then jam something across to push it back. Remove tape and leave for a few hours to dry.
Remove whatever you used to hold it in place

Was an existing render removed prior to the recent render? If yes it may be the case that some of the plaster under the "reveal" blew and pushed the trim away from the wall.

Personally, I would cut through all of the silicone and remove the UPVC trim any debris before then using a ms polymer (as per @Wayners advice). Alternatively, push a bread knife/etc in to see if there are any obstructions. If there isn't, follow his advice and cut some bits of timber to bridge from one side to the other to push the trim back whilst the MS polymer sets.

And additional option is to use a hot melt glue gun and ms polymer. Squirt some hot melt glue in at various points and MS polymer (maintaining a gap between the two products). Hot melt glue hardens in seconds, the ms polymer will then have a chance to cure and hold the uPVC trim in place over the long term .

Sponsored Links
Was an existing render removed prior to the recent render? If yes it may be the case that some of the plaster under the "reveal" blew and pushed the trim away from the wall.

Personally, I would cut through all of the silicone and remove the UPVC trim any debris before then using a ms polymer (as per @Wayners advice). Alternatively, push a bread knife/etc in to see if there are any obstructions. If there isn't, follow his advice and cut some bits of timber to bridge from one side to the other to push the trim back whilst the MS polymer sets.

And additional option is to use a hot melt glue gun and ms polymer. Squirt some hot melt glue in at various points and MS polymer (maintaining a gap between the two products). Hot melt glue hardens in seconds, the ms polymer will then have a chance to cure and hold the uPVC trim in place over the long term .
Ah reveal, thanks!

Yes a huge amount of double layered lime and on top that cement render was removed.

theres red expanding foam there for some reason. that will be fun to cut out ffs.
IMG_20230411_170638.jpg

My saw was too big, is buying a mini i saw best? Will do so after painting walls.

A bread knife will cut through the foam, or you can cut through it with a scraper/filling knife.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back