Any Idea's please ???

S

sparky40

Hello All, I was called about job today and cannot find an anserw to the customers question, can anyone help me please ???

They are having several problems with some neighbours. They informed me that the neighbours are setting thier p.i.r outside lights on somehow. The garden has a six foot woodern fence, they have watched the garden and cats and trees are not the problem i am assured. Is there any way that this is possible ?
Thanks for any idea's in advance.

Sponsored Links
Check the sensitivity of the sensor... if it is set too low then even a mouse or the wind can set it off... or even trees blowing in the wind.
You can also blank off part of the sensor that faces the neighbours if you suspect they are doing it on purpose.

why would the neighbours want to do that? i would suspect its seeing something it shouldnt.

put a cardboard box over it and seedoes it still turn the light on, if it does, time for new pir

Could be caused by neighbours switching on/off lights in their house. This seems fairly common when fluorescent lights are used, I'm not sure of reason but assume there is a spike in the voltage to the PIR. It is not constant and doesn't happen every time the lights are switched so is hard to check. Usually one comes to the conclusion by having seen it happen several times and then realise the connection. If neighbours friendly ask them if they have noticed this if, say, they switch on the bathroom or kitchen lights. HTH.

Sponsored Links
Seen this a few times - as mentioned above usually the view angle is too wide and too sensitive so picking up a swaying tree or the likes - block off the wider angles and test it.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back