Any recommendations as to cleaning a Dell laptop screen?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The screen of my Dell laptop is extremely dusty. I am uncertain as to whether there is some type of solution that can be used for cleaning screens. Any ideas appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Use a sponge or lint free cloth that has been dampened with water and well rung out. Use a gentle figure 8 motion on any difficult spots.

Sponsored Links
Use a VERY gentle motion. It is possible to knacker a weaker pixel with hard pressure, happened to my bro with a one week old £700 Sony TFT. Now it is stuck on red.

Maplins sell somthing called 'anti-static foam cleanser' very gentle degreasing foam spray used it for years without probs hifis tellies and everything else look new after cleaning with this stuff!
Doesn't do baby's bums though :p

Thanks, Adam. Good advice, Olly...reckon I will take a trip to Edgware Road...my local Maplins.

chainsaw_masochist said:
Thanks, Adam. Good advice, Olly...reckon I will take a trip to Edgware Road...my local Maplins.

Hey, that was my local Maplins from 2000-2001!

Might I recommend a lamb shawarma from the "Beirut Express", on the corner of Edgware Rd and George St on the way there? :LOL:

AdamW said:
Might I recommend a lamb shawarma from the "Beirut Express", on the corner of Edgware Rd and George St on the way there? :LOL:
Don't be daft that'll make a terrible mess of the screen!

AdamW said:
Hey, that was my local Maplins from 2000-2001!

So you were the chap who used to sit in a pool of his own doing outside selling the Big Issue, enlightening passers-by on the basic principles of astro-physics, the decline of the British Empire and flogging the odd dodgy DVD? Come on now, own up!

AdamW said:

Sounds well worth a try. Thanks. Do go quite a bit to the Mandalay up the road. Take care though, a hot dish there will often result in a rather intense session of Burmese Bumhole.

chainsaw_masochist said:
So you were the chap who used to sit in a pool of his own doing outside selling the Big Issue, enlightening passers-by on the basic principles of astro-physics, the decline of the British Empire and flogging the odd dodgy DVD? Come on now, own up!

No, but I did occasionally chat to this delightful chap who was often to be found sitting outside Safeway with several empty wine bottles around him. It was nothing short of amazing, he was living on the streets, permanently pished off his nut, but was always very polite and lucid.

I've never tried the Mandalay, but I'll give it a shot next time I'm up that way! I'll have something hot simply so I can shout "Mandalay, Mandalay, Ariba!" and run to the bog.

By the way, the Beirut is mainly a takeaway, I've never tried a sit-down meal there. But if it's anything like the aforementioned kebab, then it will be great.

Sponsored Links
Back