Anyone recently done there AM2???? How long for results

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Has anyone recently done there AM2 and want to know roughly how long does it take to get results.

Sponsored Links
hi

I did my Am 2 In february This year and my results came through about two or three weeks after i did it. I have heard that they don't release the results until they have received payment for the test but I don't know wether thats true because my employer payed for it. Good Luck
hope you pass :D

cheers

but can i asked soemthing bout the lighting circuit-

i hear there is a landlord key switch- im confused to how this is incorporated into the circuit-

is it that you feed this first and switchline from there and take loops

Sponsored Links
you wire the landlord keyswitch to do what the landlord wan'ts it to do, if that is turn off all lights then you would obviously wire it in the feed to everything.

to wire the landlords key swich all you do is wire up a normal intermediate light switch circuit and then on the intermedite switch just wire the key switch across one set of strappers

plugwash you are correct but in the Am 2 you have to wire it so that it doesnt matter what posion any of the swiches are in the landloard switch overides them and the light stays permantly on

its a over ride switch

i know how to wire the intermediate switching but i have to incorportate this key switch a lil baffeled

does he wan't it force on or force off?

for force on wire accross the two strappers, for force off wire in series with the com wire.

Cheers gaz i think i understand what you mean.

in the intermediate switch just bring (Basiclly another pair of cables tot he landlord supply)

in which will mean there is 6 cables @ theintermediateswitch

2grey 4 black

does it matter how i wire the am2 rig

im use to twin and earth and not wit singles?

so can i wire it as if i was wiring it wit twin earth i..e the lighting circuit

you can but you will find that for the lighting in the bulkhead fitting it will be quite tight so I wired mine like this I took the neutral from the board straight to the bulkhead the live feed from the 6a mcb goes to the com of one to the two way switches then from there the 2 strappers go to the intermediate switch from the other side of the intermediate switch the 2 strappers go to the second 2 way switch then from the com of that switch take the switch wire to the bulkhead.then the earths go from the board to switch 1 from there to switch 2 from there to switch 3 and then from there to the bulkhead.

Also just check the polarity of the ES lampholder the center pin should be the live pin
:LOL:

thank you gaz,

Thats exactly how i wired it.

But how did you incorporate the landlord keyswitch? l1 top l2 bottom (intermediate)

and the neon(emergency keyswitch- fp200) I brought the neutral from the bulk head down to this plus i took a loop feed from the com from the first switch.

yeh thats how you wire the landords overide switch :D

you can wire the emergency light like that but i just doubled up the connections in the board just because it was easyer

Have you done your AM2 yet :?:

I started doing it today

got two more days left!

So the intermediate switch will have 6 cables in total??

and the landlord supply will just have two as its takin a loop of the intermediat l1 and l2?

i was told that the neon has a bridge?

from com into neon??

om just confused about how to wire up the neon

i.e. it needs a feed/neutral= that it

And is it okay to take another neutral from board?

yeh thats right with the landlords key switch

for the emergancy light
i think if i can remember you take a neutral from the board to the neutral of the neon then connect the neutral of the FP200 to that.

The live comes from the board to the com of the key switch then the live of the FP200 gets connected to l1 and you then put a link from l2 to the live connection of the neon

I tackled all the hard stuff on day 1 the conduit, MI and the armoured cable because these are the things I was least confident at then i installed the ring lights and the motor control circuit on the second day then on the third day i completed all the other little bits

its ok to double up in the board as long as they go in the same terminal and you label them up the same

hope all goes well

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back