apple tree

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
for the last two years the apples on one of our trees (I dont know what type but eating ones) have had brown marks all over them. These marks come very early on, when the apples are still quite small.
I may have even asked on here about it last year, apologies if I did and was given any advice.
We have such a lot going on with building work that I forgot about the trees until now.
I dont know how old the tree is but was mature when we moved here about seven years ago.

Unfortunately the cooking apple trees and the plum trees I had have had to come out but the fruit on those were ok. One other apple tree (same as this one) came out and also suffered from this disfigurement of the apples.
Can we do anything about it or does the tree need taken out?

Also, how long does it take for trees to bear fruit as Id like to replace the trees that were taken out?
thanks in anticipation.

Sponsored Links
Could be 'bitter pit' or calcium deficiency. Can be brought on by soil that is too acid or an irregular water supply meaning that the plant cant take up the calcium it needs. You can spray with calcium nitrate every 10 days from mid summer onwards.

I just read up on it as my apples have the same!

Sponsored Links
Have any apples started growing yet? Mine havent, but one near my workshop (5 mins away) is covered in apples

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back