Aqualisa Quartz or Mira Magna

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi again,
I can't decide whether to get a Mira Magna or Aqualisa Quartz (pumped version either way) and have swotted on the specs and flow rates till I feel like going dirty instead. Aqualisa gives an extra 2 litres per min but Mira's 16lpm should be ample? I've never had a power shower before but these all sound grand compared to my ancient 7.5kw instant that lives at the tip now.
Any advice from people with experience of either of these units would be very much appreciated so I can get stinky me under some power water soon.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Get an Aqualisa Quartz.

A customer recently asked me to look at a leak on one of these, and I called Aq. to get the cost of the parts. They said that the warranty is 5 years (yup - count 'em) and during this period they send an Aq. engineer who will repair the system free of labour and parts charges.

I had to rub my ears to make sure I wasn't dreaming.

Er, I'm confused - I thought that the Quartz was on your shortlist?

Are you saying that it's too expensive?

Sponsored Links
I bought and installed an Aqualisa Quartz Digital (their latest model) about 9 months ago and it is brilliant. At the time the 'shop' price was around £790 upwards but I found and got it off the net for the best price of £450 (coincidentally turned out to be a local company).

It's the Quartz digital I was looking at or the similar style Mira Magna.
Pros and cons for each but certainly some good deals online.
Thanks for the replies.

Save yourself a fortune and buy a quatz from Ebay. Before you scoff there are many reputable companies trading, type in aqualisa on the search and pick one being sold by 'unique plumbing supplies', I have found this seller to be very efficient with great prices.

Regards

Dave

bodgeitandsee said:
Hi again,
I can't decide whether to get a Mira Magna or Aqualisa Quartz (pumped version either way) and have swotted on the specs and flow rates till I feel like going dirty instead. Aqualisa gives an extra 2 litres per min but Mira's 16lpm should be ample? I've never had a power shower before but these all sound grand compared to my ancient 7.5kw instant that lives at the tip now.
Any advice from people with experience of either of these units would be very much appreciated so I can get stinky me under some power water soon.
Thanks.
:Check for noise level on the Mira as this one is noisy

You probably don't realise, but it's conventional to regard any topic that is older than one month as stale and/or dead - your suggestion, whilst helpful, might not reach the eyes of the OP.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back