Are people blind??? (Drivers Rant)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
TWICE, in six months now I have been hit up the R's! Once on the M62 in traffic, and once today, on the A1 again in traffic.

How do people manage to not see the car(s) in front stopping!!! I manage alright!

It's not exactly like I'm in a smart car:

navaraback.jpg

Idiots!

Anyway.. Rant over, feel a bit better now, looks like I'm going to have a little claim for a small dent in the back bumper, nothing to write home about, but why should I have a dented bumper because the bloke behind me doesn't know what stopping distances are!?

Matt

Sponsored Links
Well my mum car last written off last week in a hit & run car, a red BMW and that is all we know, her pride and joy 7 yrs nissan micra with 16,000 on the clock :cry:

this topic cropped up on a SMIDSY* thread on a bike forum, one of the people said you can't trust other peope to look out, you've got to expect them to be blind or have their brains switched off

He said he's often had people not see him when at work, even though his work transport is ten foot high, ten foot wide, bright red, and covered with flashing lights.

Sorry, mate, I didn't see you

I agree, I treat everyone else on the road as though they're an idiot, try to expect the unexpected, but there's not a great deal you can do when some tw@ barrels into your R's end.

Sponsored Links
Or eating, or drinking, or slapping the child in the passenger seat or screaming at the child in the back, or putting on their make-up or brushing their hair or fiddling with the satnav or changing CD's or tuning the radio or reading a map or doing pretty much anything else which distracts them from the issue at hand ... Driving the car :LOL:

I have witnessed ALL of the above in equal measure ... Why then does the government only tackle mobile phones?

Answer: Politicians are brain dead morons with a Krypton factor of ... Almost 1

megawatt said:
Or eating, or drinking, or slapping the child in the passenger seat or screaming at the child in the back, or putting on their make-up or brushing their hair or fiddling with the satnav or changing CD's or tuning the radio or reading a map or doing pretty much anything else which distracts them from the issue at hand ... Driving the car :LOL:

I have witnessed ALL of the above in equal measure ... Why then does the government only tackle mobile phones?

Answer: Politicians are brain dead morons with a Krypton factor of ... Almost 1
Incorrect. All of the above are considered driving without due care and attention, an offence. Therefore it would be illegal to do them anyway. Only now though do we have the mobile phone ban, the most recent traffic law.

Crafty: The point I was making is ... What's the difference?

Besides, it's only driving without DC&A on some of them if by doing so you commit an offence or are deemed to be driving in an insafe manner.

It isn't an offence (for example) to be screaming at the horror sat beside you provided you're still driving safely.

I would argue that you're more likely to be distracted by having a conversation with the 3 passengers in the car than the person on the end of a mobile phone.

megawatt said:
I would argue that you're more likely to be distracted by having a conversation with the 3 passengers in the car than the person on the end of a mobile phone.

You would?

Can you provide evidence to support this statement?

I'd have thought the opposite, the people in the car can adjust to the road conditons etc. The other people don't make you drive one handed either like you would whilst holding a modile handset. The person on the other end of the phone can't see the car in front braking hard!!

Oliman wrote:
Can you provide evidence to support this statement?
No, of course I can't, but that's my point ... Neither can anyone else justify that more deaths occur as a result of mobile phone use than by careless driving resulting from any of the other distractions.

A broad based empirical study has never been undertaken and this government, in true to form fashion, has simply targeted one specific case ... The soft target.

The same is true of (as just one of many examples) 4x4 vehicles in London being subjected to higher car parking charges and road tax because they have a high carbon footprint ... What about limousines, top end sports cars, or even your average company car driver with a 3.0 litre BMW?
They just target a single case rather than address the real issue and that's the point I'm trying to make here.

megawatt said:
The soft target.

Why are mobile phones the "soft target"?

Spark123 says all I would say in response to your comment.

Sponsored Links
Back