1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Are there delays in issuing an amended V5C?

Discussion in 'General Cars' started by Vicario, 14 Oct 2021.

1. Avocet

Avocet

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Yes, those are the ones - but the guidelines were drafted when they were still "following the science" and weren't actually that bad. Since then, they've dropped the ball quite spectacularly and nobody gives the proverbial rat's now. Which, of course, is reflected in the infection rates....

upload_2021-10-23_23-49-30.png

2. Sponsored Links
  3. fixitflav

fixitflav

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I applied for a V5C online (change of owner) on 20 October and got it yesterday, 23rd. Pretty good I thought.

4. pcaouolte

pcaouolte

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Yes, if you can apply online the service is good. Unfortunately there are circumstances which force you to apply by post rather than online (the vehicle details have changed or you didn't get a V5C when you bought the vehicle), then the process takes weeks rather than days.

5. cwhaley

cwhaley

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I have been waiting 9 weeks for a replacement V5C. Only last week did the DVLA e-mail to ask for photos and the VIN nu
    I lost the V5C for one of my vintage cars which I have sold -- new buyer was happy to take a written receipt from me in the meantime. I applied for a replacement document by post (tried online, wouldn't work) and after 9 weeks of nothing, I finally got an e-mail from them asking for pictures as well as the same details I'd put on the form. I responded 2 weeks ago and have heard nothing back, so on this example it's taking them 11 weeks and more. Granted there may be a discrepancy between something they have and something I provided, but 11 weeks is ridiculous.

• Like Like x 1
  6. fixitflav

fixitflav

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I taxed my newly bought car on 22 Oct, and got a letter today telling me to tax or SORN it. So they can move quick when it suits them.
    Using the link in #5 I could check the tax had gone through OK.

7. Alec_t

Alec_t

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I bought a used car end of June. Dealer apparently mucked up the online notification of change of ownership so I didn't get my V5C in reasonable time. I queried this with the dealer mid-July and he immediately phoned and wrote to the DVLA with my details. Today I received the V5C !!

8. Vicario

Vicario

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Mine was received yesterday, six weeks after I bought the car.

9. Sponsored Links