Are Worx tools any good?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm new to all this and am looking to get a set of power tools for my various novice DIY schemes (looking to get more advanced as I go!) - I've been recommended the Worx range as a place to start but they're so cheap that I keep thinking they must be crap! Am I wrong? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
I reckon they're alright for the money, but before you go splashing the cash, wait for the wise words of a certain Mr.Big-All to point you in the right direction. ;)

Ryobi one+

1/3 of the price of the big boys, 2/3 of the performance. Light to medium trade ;).

I have an extensive set and have completely gutted my house using their tools.

2 year warranty is pretty good. I have had a couple returns but doing things that have burnt out the motors. (mixing plaster with drill) :confused:

Personally the two tools i have used the most are there 3speed combi drill, and the circular saw. The plane has also been very useful, as has the angle drill.

Something like this would be a good start.

http://www.lawson-his.co.uk/scripts...comparison&utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=ncpc

The lithium batteries are also very good but a little pricey. Sometimes you can buy them with a tool for not very much money.

Good luck

Sponsored Links
Adrian,,, Go and sit on the naughty step...... You've stolen Big All's thunder ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Woops, what can i say, Big-all worked his magic. ;)
But i wonder if starter upper has got the advice or not?

i will repeat the answer i gave him elsewhere here it is :D :D :D
starterupper wrote:
Hey thanks for the reply :thumbright: - Did he say why Ryobi are better by any chance?

ryobi have over 30 tools for the same battery they are less than half the price off the big boys they can do 80% off the big boys toys
http://ryobi-oneplus.co.uk/index/flash/p/12
the tools and batteries are forward and backward compatable only ryobi and dewalt let you buy the newest tecnoligy and its compatable with the older stuff
no other manufacturer does that

ryobi are well thought off spares are easily found
i rate ryobi as diy light to medium trade

most off the own brand tools will have no back up no spares or batteries
they are cheap as end off line because the next batch will be different and not compatable

[/quote]

that kit adrian links to is fairly amazing value ;)

I recently had an experience with a Ryobi drill (a generation or two old). It broke from a three foot fall onto concrete. I was unimpressed.

Do the worx cordless still come with a guarantee to replace worn batteries for life?

I have the Worx router, as it was the only one which came with a 30mm coller for worktop jigs and it was dead cheap. It routs.

For cordless tools, look at the system as a whole and not individual tools. You don't really want to have several different chargers and batteries

Thanks for all the advice. Sorry to keep pushing, (I probably will end up getting Ryobi) but do you think there's any point getting the Worx professional range (the green tools) - don't seem too expensive and won't they be more reliable?

P.S woody, did some research - as far as i'm aware they still replace all NiCad batteries.

Thanks for all the advice. Sorry to keep pushing, (I probably will end up getting Ryobi) but do you think there's any point getting the Worx professional range (the green tools) - don't seem too expensive and won't they be more reliable?

P.S woody, did some research - as far as i'm aware they still replace all NiCad batteries.

please please please think in the long term tools are usualy heavily discounted for a reason usualy to get rid off them so they dont have to deal with them later
it may be because its old stock thats not compatable with new stock or the they are relaunching with different colours
with ryobi you buy into a system where things work together and old and new are compatable
you buy your worx tool and in 2 years time can you still buy a spare battery for around £30 or can you buy a jigsaw to fit the batteries for around £45 ???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back