ariston combi overheating and cutting out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a new Ariston microgenusII 31 combi fitted last month and it has been perfect until today. It appears to be overheating and cutting out. The boiler fires to supply central heating but the temp dial on the front raises quickly to 90c and then cuts out only to start again about a minute later and repeat this process constantly.

The system is not noisy so I guess there is no trapped air and the rads are getting some heat to them from the cycling boiler so it appears as though there are no blockages.

The system was flushed prior to fitting the new boiler and refilled with inhibitor by a corgi plumber. He is away this week so that is why I am asking this question.

Any help much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Sensor problem maybe, but the point is that the boiler will be under warranty, so call out Ariston. Do hope your installer was corgi regd and filled in the BENCHMARK card fully.

Does the flow pipe from the boiler feel like 90°C? Is hot water working normally?

flow pipe goes scalding hot until the boiler cuts out

direct hot water is only tepid

Sponsored Links
ChrisR said:
Sensor problem maybe, but the point is that the boiler will be under warranty, so call out Ariston. Do hope your installer was corgi regd and filled in the BENCHMARK card fully.

as the man said get the manufacturer's to sort it under warranty :)

I just found the benchmark card and he hasnt filled it out.
I know most of his details ie corgi reg etc but he is on hols this week which is why i was asking here. He works for a firm and fitted my boiler as a bit of moonlighting

will ariston expect to see this card if i call them out. i dont want to have to wait until he gets back.

They won't ask to see the benchmark card but they will ask over the phone for the installer's details (inc. Corgi reg number) & date of installation.

got it checked under warranty and turns out to be a faulty pump and a faulty pcb. poxy cheap combi's.......only £500 but i guess i should have bought a worcester!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back