Ariston Genus 27 BFFI

DP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Boiler is a storage combi Ariston Genus 27 BFFI.

I installed this boiler in November 1999. It has been cleansed and then treated with inhibitor from day one.
It has since it was installed, had four EV replaced in the UV section.
I suspect there is a design problem with the boiler. The EV is connected to the HW outlet pipe. Therefore during expansion, hot water enters the vessel and ultimately kills it. Today I am at the client’s house and the HW EV is perforated once more.

Have anyone of you come across this problem.

I have spoken to technical department at Ariston and suggested that the vessel should in fact be on the cold water inlet pipe. This initial prompted the response that they did not have any failure like this but finally it was agreed that they were aware of such failures.

Those guys aware of this fault. Can you pen your findings please.

I do have UV ticket

Sponsored Links
Is it an ariston uv?
I used to fit them and the ev was always specified to be on the on the cold inlet.

Agreed weargas. This is a storage combi where the EV is connect to HW delivery pipe

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back