Ariston Microgenus 27 not turning off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my old microgenus 27 MFFI has a bit of a problem. Intermitantly, when the DHW is run and turned off, the boiler continues to run. The water temp goes up and the burner shuts off, as the water cools down a bit the burner comes on again, and on it cycles.

I can stop this by pulsing the cold tap on and off, and then the boiler shuts down properly. I suspect a faulty DHW flow switch ? any ideas ? Apart from this its working fine.

p.s. I've had a look at the parts list in the servicing handbook and I can't see the DHW flow switch listed ?

Thanks. Dave

Sponsored Links
there are two brass manifolds either\side of the plate heat exchanger one on the left which is the diverter valve and incorporates a magnetic read switch as the primary flow sensor. The other on the right hand side which has on it's left most section the DHW flow switch. Part No. 999075 Inside the manifold is the DHW Actuator kit part no. 998941. This may simply need taking apart cleaning and replacing.

Paul, Thanks very much for the info. I will have a peek inside the boiler tomorrow and see if I can identify the switch and actuator. I don't mind touching the water side of things.

Thanks again, Dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back