Ariston Microgenus 27 Refill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear All,

The pressure in my Ariston boiler is quite low at the moment, about 0.6 bar. I'm aware that I should be able to refill it using the filling loop, which I think I have located directly under the base of the machine.

What I can't find, however, is the valve to let the water in, as the filling loop doesn't appear to have any valves on it. There is a blue "plug" at the top of the cold water pipe which rotates, but doesn't seem to let water in.

Does anybody here know whether I should be looking somewhere else?

Many thanks!

Sponsored Links
There should be another one of those blue doodahs... You need to turn both of them to let water in.

If one is missing you will need to use a pair of pliers - or some such.

Thanks for your reply - I only have one blue thing, so it'll be out with the pliers.

Two more questions, though. Should the system be on or off when I refill, and, is the second doodah the screw next what I assume is the hot-water-out pipe? It would look the same with a blue toggle attached!

I think you need to post a picture so that we can annotate and explain before you do something you regret...

You don't need to have the boiler off though.

If you look carefully under the boiler you will see the flexible hose that links the two valves.... It is fairly obvious from there.

Sponsored Links

Here it is (I hope!). Looks like the screw on the left pipe to me...

Thanks - I'll give it a go after I've finished my tea and let you know how I get on!

Still trying, still swearing - awkward to get to, very difficult to turn.

Would it be safe to use WD40 to free it, or is this a complete no-no (I suspect so!)?

Also, what is the screw on the far left? Is that something to do with the hot water?

Many thanks, again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back