artex or textured paint?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to get smooth ceilings but am so new at all this I dont even know if the small lumpy bumpy ceilings are artex or some seriously textured paint. :confused:

It is shiny looking and not hard and stipply or hard and combed etc like artex I have seen so any ideas? Also ideas on how to remove it or smooth it over if it isnt artex?

Sponsored Links
trepidation said:
Also ideas on how to remove it or smooth it over if it isnt artex?

watch t.v. (honest) polycell have just brought out some "stuff" soley for covering artex

Thanks I shall tear myself away from PC in favour of TV and may even get brave enough to head out to B&Q!

Breezer - have you ever used it? If so is it easy to apply? I have tried plastering and TBH i think thats a job left up to the pro's but i would be willing to try this if its for the average DIYer

Sponsored Links
Hi there
I'm in the process of doing my ceilings with smoothover. I've never done anything like this before but I think I'm doing ok. It was messy at first with, most of it plopping off the special tool and onto the floor :oops: but I think I've got the hang of it now. It is difficult to get is completely smooth though and I will have to sand it afterwards.
Alison

In order to remove artex we used a earlex wallpaper stripper / steamer.
came off easier than using the thing to remove wallpaper.
Job done

We used it to remove the artex which was on our bathroom walls ( it looked **** and the bod whom put it up needed shooting )

But it leaves a lot of mess on the floor, cheaper than the nitromoss kits as this can be reused for other things.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back