Artex over wallpaper

Toe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possible to artex over a wallpapered ceiling, or would I have to remove the wallpaper first?

Have searched on the internet for an answer to this question but have not had much luck finding out.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
i woulnd't artex at all. there are more than a few posts asking how to get artex off

I noticed!

While smooth ceilings are aesthetically pleasing, they do tend to show up any imperfections (cracks, bumps etc) more than an artexed ceiling. I don't mind a bit of artex as long as it's not a really mad, swirly design. I would probably go for a stippled effect.

To be honest, anything is better than having textured wallpaper on the ceiling. Seeing the joins in the paper really annoy me. I am determined to make my house a wallpaper free zone!

Sponsored Links
You'll be amazed at the results of a bit of effort, polyfiller and sandpaper will do!

Strip the paper and see how the ceiling is first.

You may also consider having it skimmed?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back