Assembling gas Aga with powered flue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have bought a used Aga and need assembly instructions for same. A Corgi engineer will do final commissioning. Am surprised that I cannot find what I am looking for on Google...

Sponsored Links
Highly unlikely you will find any instructions. Aga's are installed by authorisised agents. Try Aga dealers or second hand Aga suppliers.

Need a corgi with ckr1 ticket for powered flue agas...what are you trying to set up?

Firstly, AGA have a website with a forum for questions relating to AGAs. It should come up with a Google search.

Secondly, the Corgi reg. fitter commissioning it must have an ACS qualification specific to ranges. The cooker or central heating ACS qualifications will not do. Very few fitters have the qualification for ranges. Perhaps you should find a suitably qualified fitter first, who would then be able to advise you on assembly.

ollski said:
ditto__________________

no to pointless signatures
no to pointless posts!

PS, ollski, the CKR1 ACS is not valid for ranges!

Sponsored Links
chrishutt said:
Firstly, AGA have a website with a forum for questions relating to AGAs. It should come up with a Google search.

Secondly, the Corgi reg. fitter commissioning it must have an ACS qualification specific to ranges. The cooker or central heating ACS qualifications will not do. Very few fitters have the qualification for ranges. Perhaps you should find a suitably qualified fitter first, who would then be able to advise you on assembly.

ollski said:
ditto__________________

no to pointless signatures
no to pointless posts!

PS, ollski, the CKR1 ACS is not valid for ranges!

it was whn i did it last year chris...we did an aga and rangemaster.(i think anyway, so many abbreviations I get confused)

My Corgi book - Gas Cookers and Ranges (second edition) - says -
The ACS requirements for flued cast iron cooking ranges are different to those required for other domestic cooking appliances.
So unless it's changed recently, CKR1 doesn't cover AGA type ranges.

No you're right mate, just found my certificate out and its CKHB1...shows you how much I use that one!

Just looked up CKHB1 on the Corgi site. Guess what, according to Corgi ACS assessments on ranges are offered by only three centres in the UK! Blackpool, Burgess Hil and somewhere in Northern Ireland. So consider yourself one of a select few, ollski. :cool:

Don't believe the Corgi site there are others you'll have to look then up.
I know for a fact there is one in Livingston that runs the course as we're waiting to get a couple of boys on it.

Thanks for the info - however, with all due respect to the experts, I cannot see what all the fuss is about. I have assembled the Aga off site and am quite satisfied that I understand the operation thereof, including the fan-powered flue. I have the installation (not assembly) specs from Aga. Quite a simple appliance all told and not so different from the oil model I used to have.

Will still get a Corgi person to connect up and commission the gas of course.

Again thanks.

Highly unlikely you will find any instructions. Aga's are installed by authorisised agents. Try Aga dealers or second hand Aga suppliers.

Old fashioned restrictive practices ! What are people supposed to do who don't have an AGA engineer anywhere near them? I live in Croatia and there are none here.
Cheers

Peter

What the OP meant was that NEW ranges are installed ( correctly ) by their own engineers so that they know they are done correctly and give the warrantee.

Any gas engineer with the appropriate qualification CAN install or repair them under the UK gas regulations.

The manufacturer will give the information to any qualified engineer. They dont give it to others as they dont encourage unqualified installations.

In Croatia they have/dont have their own gas regulations.

You may want to DIY it with a used applicance perhaps in which case the question is do you have an FGA and other test equipment to ensure its safe?

Tony

My first GSr card came with Range Cookers on the back... as well as cookers

Who am I to argue.

(BTW I would run a mile from one of them if asked)

DH

There was an explanation of that. I think someone ( wrongly ) thought that if you had boilers and cookers then you could do them.

A very restrictive policy about servicing and spares availability though.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back