astra estate cambelt change

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
how easy is it to change the cambelt on a Z17DTL engine?

Sponsored Links
Andy

Depends on your knowledge with cars and equipment to hand. It will take about 2-3 hours. Before you start read up on it and get any special tools (locking pins etc.). Also check which type of X17DTL you have (Haynes Manual). By the way, if the belt snaps, you will most likely get engine damage.

;)

jonnyfishing said:
Andy

Depends on your knowledge with cars and equipment to hand. It will take about 2-3 hours. Before you start read up on it and get any special tools (locking pins etc.). Also check which type of X17DTL you have (Haynes Manual). By the way, if the belt snaps, you will most likely get engine damage.

;)

i know a fair bit about cars but its my dad who is gona do it and he used to do this kinda thing a long time ago. i have searched for it but cant really find anything, and the engine model doesnt really bring up any useful info. was gonna get a haynes manual, but none say they cover this engine and some ebay listings say they dont

What year is the car ?

Is it an Astra F 1994-98 with a "Bosh System"

Is it an Astra F 1994-98 with a "Lucas System"

Is it an Astra G 1998-00

All are X17DTL but are slightly different (according to Autodata). If you let me know, I'll see what info you require.

;)

Sponsored Links
Is it the 55kw or the 59kw version Andy?
2002-2006 1.7D CDTi models come up with Z17DTL

Spark123 said:
Is it the 55kw or the 59kw version Andy?
2002-2006 1.7D CDTi models come up with Z17DTL

think its the 59KW version (will get book out later and check). as first post, its the Z17DTL engine (and its an 04/MK4)

jonnyfishing said:
Sorry Andy, I've no info. on that model.

;)

no problem, i have been sent the info needed. for reasons, it doesnt look like the cambelt will be changed for another year or 2 now anyway

Sponsored Links
Back