Auto airvent leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My heating system has a Flamco Flexvent automatic air vent in the primary circuit to the HW cylinder, immediately after the mid-pos valve.

The valve has started to leak from just below the red button on the top - large damp patch on the airing cupboard floor.

I suspect that dirt has got in and is stopping the valve closing. The vlave seems to be in two parts and, according to the Flamco website you can remove the top half for cleaning.

Has anyone ever done this? If not how else do I solve the leak problem?

Thanks

Flamco also say that there are two washers below the red button which should swell up to prevent water leaking!

Sponsored Links
I would not strip it down as it dont work, believe me I have tried

either replace it or twist the red cap shut and forget about it :)

They look posh and cost more, but don't seem to be any more reliable than the 99p variety. Nothing special, if you look at the design.

Sponsored Links
If you are worried about the replacement leaking, or it is inaccessible, it might be worth splashing out and fitting a SpiroTop air vent. They are about £60 but very reliable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back