Awkward Toilet waste position

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to fit a close coupled toilet. THe existing toilet waste is not flush with the wall but is about 24cm out. This meant that previously there was packing at the back.

I have seen some advertised toilets that have a connector that could be attached in a question mark shape and still have the cistern mounted against the wall.

Is there a speecial range for this ?

The problem is that not all toilets seem to be made for this, most ae made so that if the toilet is mounted against the wall (cistern) then the pipe waste needs to be directly by the wall.

Was there an old imperial toilet design ? Wy is my waste 24 cm out from the wall (its a bottom mounted pipe not one that is horizotal). The waste goes vertically into the floor.

Packing the back wall out is a pain, having to build a unit up etc.

Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
http://www.bes.ltd.uk/products/graphics/12712.gif

Basically you're stuffed unless you can move the soil pipe. How about using a back-to-wall pan and a concealed cistern inside a bit of cupboardry? Slab of marble on top of the cupd and it'll look like you did it by design.
Otherwise it always looks a bit naff to have a load of packing behind the cistern.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back