Axminster BTS10PP table saw feedback

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For anyone in the market for a saw bench/ table saw, some comments on this saw which I returned. I was looking for a mid-price light trade use rated machine, very disapointed with this.

Positives: rip fence locks front and back, is rock solid and has additional extruded aluminium guide with different profiles which bolts onto main fence.
Decent quality cast aluminium mitre fence has adjustable 45 and 90 degree stops. This is a nice looking piece of kit, comes with left and right table extensions and a very sturdy floor stand. The saw (off the floor stand) is light enough to be easily lifted and carried in a car boot.

Negatives: I was disapointed at how flimsy this saw was, what I would have expected from something £100 cheaper. Biggest gripe is that it is the only saw I have come across which doesn't have a removable table slot for blade removal, so you have to unbolt it from the base and turn it upside down to change blades. The extruded aluminium top looks good, but a straightedge across the top showed a couple of mm out of flat.
There is a cranked wheel for adjusting blade height, but no precision control of blade angle- you have to use the height wheel as a handle to push or pull the saw motor/blade assembly to the required angle & it doesn't move smoothly. This is really crude, but I suspect applies to most saws of this design.
Final gripe is that the whole motor/blade assembly mounting is lightweight-wouldn't want to put hardwoods through this too often. This saw seems to be a re-badged Draper BTS251KIT.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back