B&Q charge for car parking?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My local B&Q store just gave me a £75 parking charge for parking my car in their car park last Sunday morning between 7.30am and 7.54 am. They dont open until 10a.m. so I wasnt obstructing potential customers.

This store is becoming a bit of a joke though im not laughing! If you visit twice in one day you are also liable to get a ticket as the first visit is recorded and the last visit also recorded can show youve been there all day.

Britain is becoming a jungle where by if you break the slightest rule during your daily life you incur parking fines, speeding fines, putting dustbins out too early fines, putting the wrong thing in the wrong dustbin fines etc etc.

B&Q has seen the last of my customer. In future Ill stick to the builders merchants.

Sponsored Links
Old Perennial said:
...for parking my car in their car park last Sunday morning between 7.30am and 7.54 am. They dont open until 10a.m.

so you weren't using it as a customer, but as a public car park?

Old Perennial said:
Britain is becoming a jungle where by if you break the slightest rule during your daily life you incur parking fines, speeding fines, putting dustbins out too early fines, putting the wrong thing in the wrong dustbin fines etc etc.

See the thread about pickle jars+golf balls ;)

It's about time our local B&Q warehouse adopted this approach. You can't get parked near the Trade entrance for people using it as a free car park. Tight G**s.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

On the other hand, maybe it's about time the local council done something about the lack of reasonably priced public parking in the town. That way drivers wouldn't have to clog up side streets and use private car parks.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Then again. If the lazy bone idle tight wads would just walk or use public transport then we wouldn't need so many car parks, the side streets and private car parks wouldn't be clogged up and I'd be able to park closer to the B&Q Trade entrance. I'm getting a headache now.

Sponsored Links
solo said:
On the other hand, maybe it's about time the local council....
...increased spending and put up Council Tax? :(

Old Perennial said:

now, i always thought jungles were very relaxed about parking, speeding and dustbins?

if you were asked to buy a parking ticket and the cost of the ticket were refunded back to you (having made a purchase of course), within the premises to which the car park charges are affiliated to, then i have no probs with that kind of charging at all.

noseall said:
if you were asked to buy a parking ticket and the cost of the ticket were refunded back to you (having made a purchase of course), within the premises to which the car park charges are affiliated to, then i have no probs with that kind of charging at all.

So when they do not have what I want, I have to pay for the privilege........... :rolleyes:

trazor said:
So when they do not have what I want, I have to pay for the privilege........... :rolleyes:

hadn't really thought about that. :confused:

i would be inclined to buy something rather inexpensive in any case.

if a shop wants to attract customers then these days many need to provide parking, especially that type of store. If thyey want me to pay to do it, they can shove it. I can perfectly understand time limits etc to stop people just using the car park.

noseall said:
hadn't really thought about that. :confused:

i would be inclined to buy something rather inexpensive in any case.
In which case you've either bought something you didn't go there for (a wasted trip), or buy something you didn't really need to make the visit for...

And effectively just paid for parking...

Consumerism..don't you just love it!

those Yorkshire people sound very inconsiderate.

wouldnt happen down here in the south. STill where does your mum park when she drops you off for work after school?

Sponsored Links
Back