[b]stop cock on hotwater help need asap please!!!![/b]

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys ive just turned of my hot water stop cock above tank and its stoppped ok, did the work and come to turn it back on, no water nothing coming out no matter which way i turn the handle !!!!!, what can i do????HELP!!!!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
u mean just loosen it where the red wheel is?, i cant drain tank as the guy who fitted it for me didnt fit a drain point

thats not a stop tap
thats a gate valve

you have a problem the thread has gone

you will have to drain the head tank (syphon it out) and ghange the valve keep a bucket handy to catch whats left in the pipe

if you feel up to it you could try putting a bung in the tank outlet

Right, so i need to drain the cold water feed tank thats in the loft?
the hot water tank is full of water for which i have no drain point, i thought this gate was for the shutting of the supply of hot water to around the house

Its on the pipe which goes in to the bottom of the hot water tank(turning this stops the hot water running)

ok thats fine, but why would turning the cold feed of stop the hot water taps from running?,

So ill start of by syphoning of the cold water then (tommorrow!), is this best done with a hose?

Thanks"!, ive just done it, syphoning it of wasnt fun, got value fitted, no leaks, works fine:), u saved my blood pressure from going through the roof!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back