backboiler gon, daft question about stoves.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok so i hacksawed out the old lethal backboiler, lagged the inside of the cavity with concrete mix... and i might be aquireing a squirrel stove.... possibly with a backboiler. Now you can tell what i'm thinking. All the rads etc are there, pump is there. piping is there..... what does someone more sensible than me think?...is it possible to just substitute a stove for a gas back boiler. i know the pump etc needs thinking about, but possible?

Sponsored Links
If the Squirrel stove is a solid fuel job (because you haven't said), then it is NOT a straight replacement. The pipes should be 28mm, you need a heat leak and there are other considerations. If it is a wood stove, it is a bad idea to run it as a water heater anyway IMO. If you do heat water and it is a solid fuel you need a whole load of thermostats to control things or you will havee a corroded boiler in a surprisingly short time.

yes sqirel/Morso is a well known make of solid fuel stoves. I just got it and am derusting it. Pipes comming out of it seem to be 28mm same as the old gas back boiler. I think im going to just use it as a standalone fire, easyest solution..cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back