Baffling Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just don't understand !!!
I have been reading all the posts on hot water but no heating and trying to decide what to do next....

Now the boiler has just fired up after 48 hrs of not working on constant or timer settings just out of the blue a couple of mins ago.
Almost afraid to turn it back to timer !!!
It is a Chaffoteaux et Maury CORVEC 45 BF boiler.

Radiators are all bled and pump is vibrating but no heating until now.

Any coments or advice if it decides not to work again like this !!!
Many many thanks

Carol
XXX

Sponsored Links
Most faults that seem to just vanish are often electronic/electrical, keep an eye on it and if it goes again try shutting the power off wait a moment then back on again to re-boot the board.

:D Many many thanx for the reply.
The heating has decided not to come on again tonight.
Had the same problem last year and we had a sparky look at it ( he dismantled everything) but couldn't find a fault.
Will do like you suggested and keep trying to switch it on & off.

Love
Carol
XXX
:(

don't repeatedly switch it off and on just the once. do you have any functions on the boiler , ind light, pump fan etc

Sponsored Links
:confused: Hiya, there is nothing on the boiler at all just the lighting knob and the pilot light window !!!
The heating has come on twice ( should be 4 times on timer ) since Thurs night only on timer settings. When it comes on it is lovely and warm and then the boiler goes out back to pilot and doesn't fire up again even though it gets chilly. My hubbie is convinced that there is air in the system, but I don't think so as there are no noises and no air in the rads. This was the problem last year when this happened but I kept getting loads of air out !!!
Any help would be appreciated plus I will start doing some O/T to get an engineer out eventually. Luckily it hasn't been freezing yet.
Many Thanx again
Love
Carol
XXX

'Most likely' the diaphragm is worn, part# 32664 GC# 366256. If you can increase the speed on the pump then try this to see if the boiler works. If so then the chances are it's a worn diaphragm or pump.
The other option is that you have a sealed system if you live in a flat. Do you have pressure guage and filling valve anywhere? You may have lowered the system pressure when trying to bleed the rads.
FWIW, I don't think this is a suitable appliance for running CH; it's more of a CH boiler wannabe!

:D Thanx for the reply. I don't think that this is a sealed system as I have inlet & outlet ( sorry if this is a silly reply). There is definately no pressure gauge etc. The system must be 15 ish years old but it works fine when it wants to :eek: I am sure that the air last year was because I bled the rads with the pump running WHICH I DON'T DO NOW !!!
My hubbie won't touch the heating at all that is why for years I have dealt with it (just in case you were wondering).
Wish that you lot lived in Somerset as it is hell getting some-one around here that doesn't rip you off !!!

Many Thanx again
Love Carol
XXX

Sorry to bother you again but............how do you increase the speed on the pump ???
Also if this works where could I get the parts that you mention or should an engineer do this ???

Love
Carol
XXX

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back