balancing the system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
all my radiators seem to have thermostatic valves on both sides and not lockshield valves (are lockshields valves that are fixed?). to try and get the radiators at the desired temp we've been adjusting both sides.could this have affected the balance and if so could this account for cold spots at the bottom of the radiator and a continual loss of water pressure? how do you get the right balance back again?

i'm not sure that i'm using the correct terminology, sorry for sounding stupid :D

Sponsored Links
I think you must be mistaken. Thermostatic valves both sides of the rad doesn't make sense or seem likely. Do you have any better information e.g. makers name and model number? If not can you measure them and say how big they are? More likely that they're not thermostatic, in which case adjusting both sides is a mistake.

The bottoms of some of my radiators are much colder, too (predominantly downstairs), & some take much longer to warm up. I don't want to distract from the original thread, but is this abalancing issue?

Sponsored Links
sounds like it could be... try searching for balancing its a common topic.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back