Ball park figure.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
further to my knackered combi problem a guy came round to measure me for a quote for a new system,boiler and valves will be replaced but not sure whether to replace the radiators and the pipework which he said where pretty sound.

what am i looking at for the full lot bearing in mind i will need 9 radiators of average size replacing if i go ahead and is it wise to do the full lot pipework included?

he said he will quote for

a) full lot including pipework and

b) just the boiler and valves

think he said the boilers they use are baxis.

===========================
please see forum rule 9

Sponsored Links
The people here will need more info than that mate. Need to know:

Exactly what you have got, ie what kind of boiler you have at the minute, are there TRV's everywhere, what size os the gas supply pipe to the boiler, can a plastic overflow pipe be run for the condense easily?

Lots of information needed before any help can be given...

Sponsored Links
just noticed the footnote on my post,getting ball park figures must be frowned upon,fair enough ;)

Londi said:
just noticed the footnote on my post,getting ball park figures must be frowned upon,fair enough ;)

You could say whats involved, where you are, and how much the quote is.

Then we could comment :LOL:

They just want you to be aware that prices can vary a little according to whether you live in a depressed area like Tyneside or a booming area like leafy Sussex.

I still dont know why you dont want to get your existing boiler fixed. Thats always much cheaper! The Manufacturer's own engineers are expected to be able to get it working.

We have never charged more than £300 to get any boiler fixed yet ( apart from Ideal Responses with leaking HEs. )

Tony

Never more than £300 eh? Maybe for one repair, but in a 10+ years old boiler which has been neglected for all of its life and never serviced he may find himself paying another £300 shortly after, and the thing will still be a noisy old wreck!

I bet that no-one but Heat-team could those Potterton Envoy boilers to work again for £300 or less when they've been leaking internally for 2 months!

Why haven't you replied to my email yet Tony!!!

I dont actually know what boiler he has! I somehow thought it was a Baxi Bahama???

What email? Can you resend it to the services?

Tony

Agile said:
They just want you to be aware that prices can vary a little according to whether you live in a depressed area like Tyneside or a booming area like leafy Sussex.

Tony
Booming :LOL: :LOL: :rolleyes:

Come to Sussex the streets are paved with gold (or dog poo its hard to tell with all the cash laying about) ;)

There`a a lot of pennies lying about .........when I get them I chuck `em down @ bus stops and watch the oldies pick them up :evil: :LOL: :LOL:

right boiler has packed up forever so gonna get me a new one fitted sharpish,havent got the quote yet but been on the phone to say i need to get just the boiler and valves done asap.all pipework is already in situ and the main gas supply is 15mm,boiler is a glow worm swift flow 75,no TRV's anywhere yet and condensing pipe can be easily run out,oh and i live in middlesbrough not leafy sussex. ;)

1 boiler and 10 TRV's fitted = £

experts feel free to add monetary figure. :D

1 boiler and 10 TRV's fitted = 2 trv's too many for 9 rads.
Any figures given would cover too wide a range to be much use.
New gas pipe = ???

£3000 would almost certainly be enough.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back