Bath Panel - fit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not being brave enough to do it myself I had a new bathroom suite fitted by a plumber. I have done all the other work - tiling, etc.

My problem is the plastic bath panel. This panel was a tight fit with clips under the edge of the bath and on the floor. I removed the panel to extend tiling behind it on the righthand side to give a nice finish. However, the panel is proving difficult to re-seat and I think it is because the tiling has taken up the space it was fitted into. The left-hand side of the panel was trimmed originally by the plumber.

Can someone please tell me the correct way to reduce the length of the bath panel so that it will slide easily into place without 4 elephants leaning on it?

Sponsored Links
Yep. I should have explained that this is a shower bath so there is a curve in the panel - such that when both ends are fitted it pops out in the middle - hence my belief that the problem is that the panel needs trimming. How?

Sponsored Links
If it's coming out the middle then the panel length is too long, you need to cut it back the thickness of the tile and adhesive. A fine tooth saw or slow speed jig-saw should do it. If using a jig-saw, might be easier to put a thin timber underneath and cut through that as well to stop the vibration

Won't be easy as you might have a job to keep a straight line, properly better to invest in a hacksaw blade padsaw and take your time cutting it.

PADSAW: has no frame, the blade projecting from the end of the saw handle. The blade is long and slim but the handle can also be used to hold broken hacksaw blades and useful for cutting awkward position.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back